Many of us suffer from dental issues like having crooked or overcrowded teeth. Invisalign is one of the best options for treating such problems. It is a revolutionary orthodontic procedure that assists in teeth straightening without the need for traditional metal braces.
Invisalign is an invisible set of plastic aligners that fit your teeth. These aligners address dental issues, such as those that involve malocclusions, overbite, or underbite. Increasing numbers of teenagers and even adults use these clear aligners since they’re practically undetectable due to their clear appearance.
Benefits of Invisalign
There are many benefits of choosing Invisalign instead of traditional metal braces, including:
- Invisalign is transparent and more appealing to the eyes. The majority of people don’t notice that you’re wearing the aligners. It will make you feel at ease to smile without any embarrassment.
- Invisalign is more physically comfortable. There are no brackets or wires involved that you have to be concerned about acquiring painful cuts within your mouth. They are soft, without any sharp edges, and won’t harm your mouth.
- The process of teeth aligning using Invisalign is significantly shorter than the standard treatment duration with traditional braces. Patients with Invisalign trays require 6 to 18 months, whereas traditional braces typically need two years.
- Invisalign aligners may be removed to eat or brush your teeth. It is not possible with braces. It lets you consume the food you desire and maintain better hygiene in your mouth. It reduces the risk of food particles getting stuck and gum problems.
- Invisalign aligners require the least maintenance and can be cleaned using a toothbrush, dipped in bleach and water. A quick scrub removes staining.
Invisalign – How it Works?
Invisalign utilizes aligners that are created by computer-generated pictures and impressions of your mouth. In contrast to traditional braces that use wires to push the teeth into the proper alignment, Invisalign aligns the teeth through a series of molds that will make your teeth move into a new and more favorable position over several months.
How to Clean Your Invisalign Braces?
Invisalign trays must be thoroughly cleaned in the morning and night, using an ordinary toothbrush, but without toothpaste. This will help eliminate any bacteria that accumulate overnight or throughout the daytime. If not cleaned properly, the trays can start to emit a bad odor. They should be cleaned after each meal to prevent discoloration. For the best possible results, Invisalign should be soaked in a dental cleanser when it is not being used.
Please reach out to Enhance Dental in San Antonio, TX, 78247, to have a consultation with our dentist. Please call us at (210) 396-7667 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.