Digital dentistry is quite a crucial part of any dental practice. Along with highly trained staff and the best quality service provided, state-of-the-art technology helps us diagnose and treat our patients in the finest and most comprehensive manner possible. These diagnostic tools help us understand your oral concern better and provide the necessary treatment.
X-rays are used by dentists to get a better view and understanding of the teeth, jawbone, and other oral tissues. X-rays can be used for the following purposes in dentistry:
- Checking for jawbone deterioration
- Determining the presence of cavities and suspicious growth of tissues in the mouth
- Diagnosing the mouth to check for broken, cracked, or chipped teeth
- Understanding the extent of damage to the jawbone in case of oral trauma
- Spotting the onset of teeth drifting and malocclusion
- Analyzing the tooth roots and root canal cavities in case of root canal infection.
An intraoral camera is used to observe the oral tissues in better detail. As the dentist places the intraoral camera in the mouth and moves it around to observe the tissues, the images captured by it will be presented on a computer screen. These images can be viewed in high definition from multiple angles, allowing the dentist to get an unlimited number of views. An intraoral camera is quite an essential and helpful tool to analyze various oral features while carrying out the initial diagnosis.
You may schedule a consultation with Dr. Alvarez and our team of dental experts by calling us at (210) 396-7667 or reaching us through an online query. We’re always happy to help.