Getting a cosmetic uplift is quite simple and convenient with dental veneers. Veneers are oral restorations made from dental-grade, tooth-colored ceramic and are bonded to the teeth on their frontal surfaces. They are mainly used for cosmetic dental purposes but can also be used to restore the teeth to their ideal functionality and structural stability.
What are the advantages of veneers?
- Since veneers are either made from dental-grade ceramic or composite resin, they can be personalized as necessary to match the exact aesthetics of the adjoining natural teeth. This allows the dentist to give you an extremely pleasing and flawless smile.
- Although veneers are extremely thin, they offer good durability. Their rate of wear is quite similar to that of the enamel - which is negligible.
- Veneers help to cover cracks on the teeth, thereby restoring their structural integrity and keeping them from developing significant fractures or breaking off.
- They can be fabricated easily. In the case of ceramic veneers, they can be completed in a couple of visits to the dentist’s practice. Composite veneers are even simpler, as they can be done in a single consultation.
- Veneers are resistant to staining, allowing them to stay as good as new for a long time.
How are veneers placed?
The dentist will conduct a diagnosis during the initial visit, which helps us understand your candidacy for veneers. We may have to take x-rays and highly precise digital scans of your mouth to understand the structure of the teeth and determine the severity of the oral condition. The dentist will meticulously remove a thin layer of enamel from your tooth to make space for the veneer. A digital impression of the tooth will be made using the data from the scans, which will be shared with a dental laboratory and used as a reference for making the veneer.
The veneer would be available in a few days, and we’ll schedule a second consultation for you. We will remove any temporary restoration present on your tooth and clean it thoroughly. The tooth surface will be roughened using an etching solution, after which we will place the veneer on it and check for fit and comfort. Once the contour is finalized, we will bond it to the tooth using dental adhesives and harden it. A bite test will be taken, and the veneer is polished to enhance its aesthetics.
Please schedule a consultation with Dr. Alvarez by calling us at (210) 396-7667 or reaching us through an online query, and we’ll be happy to guide you further.